James Fennell (left) and Turtle Bunbury at launch of second
volume of 'Vanishing Ireland' in Hughes & Hughes Bookshop,
Stephen's Green Shopping Centre, Dublin in October 2009.
(Photo: Stu Carroll).
‘1847 - A Chronicle of Genius, Generosity & Savagery’ (Gill, launching in September 2016).
‘Easter Dawn - The 1916 Rising’ (Mercier / Rowman & Littlefield, 2015)
'The Glorious Madness - Tales of the Irish & the Great War' (Gill & Macmillan, 2014).
'Vanishing Ireland - Friendship & Community' (Hachette, 2013)
'Vanishing Ireland - Recollections of our Changing Times' (Hachette, 2011)
'Sporting Legends of Ireland' (Mainstream, 2010)
'Vanishing Ireland - Further Chronicles of a Disappearing World' (Hachette, 2009)
'Dublin Docklands - An Urban Voyage' (MPG, 2009)
'The Irish Pub' (Thames & Hudson, 2008)
'Vanishing Ireland' (Hodder Headline, 2006)
'Living in Sri Lanka' (Thames & Hudson, 2006)
'The Landed Gentry & Aristocracy of Co. Wicklow' (IFN, 2005)
'The Landed Gentry & Aristocracy of Co. Kildare' (IFN, 2004).
In 2006 he won the Travel Extra Longhaul Journalist of the Year Award.
As an enthusiast for diversity, Turtle’s published works cover a wide range from straight up book and music reviews to travel reports, lifestyle studies, architectural design and his own opinions on the society we live in today.
A series of overseas assignments with photographer James Fennell to Zimbabwe (2000), South Africa (2000), Mexico (2001) and Sri Lanka (2002-2005) introduced him to the world of interior design.
Turtle is a frequent contributor to The Irish Times, The Australian and the Irish Daily Mail. His articles have appeared in National Geographic Traveler, Playboy, Vogue Living, The New York Post, The Financial Times, The South China Morning Post, Country Life, the Sunday Independent, the Hong Kong Standard, Magill, Cara, The Dubliner, Identity, Social & Personal, Irish Tatler, Visitor, Homes & Garden, Country Living, Failte, Serendib, The Book of Interiors, Wealth and Abroad.
- Books written by Turtle Bunbury - Vanishing Ireland, Living in Sri Lanka, The Landed Gentry & Aristocracy of Co. Wicklow, The Landed Gentry & Aristocracy of Co. Kildare.
- Articles on interiors, lifestyle and design from locations across the globe - Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, Mexico, USA, Czech Republic, Spain, France and Ireland.
- Accounts of journeys from Europe to Africa, the Americas, the Far East, Down Under and further afield...
- Feature articles on the conundrums of being a Mormons, the origins of croquet, the spirit of modern Ireland and more...
- Regular magazine columns and contributions.
- As it says on the tin.
Some Magazines and Publications Turtle's writing has featured in: